Re:Re: [chile-heads] RE: Schmuckendrops Re Re Re kick em in the knee, ras ras ras........

Greggy (sclash27@execpc.com)
Wed, 09 Jul 1997 13:51:07 -0700

Jose Cisneros wrote:

> Elsa Altshool wrote:
> >
> > Scott: wouldn't cheap jewelry and other items in bad taste be "dreck" in
> > German? I wonder whether linguistic clarity might require the word to be
> > schmuckendropen?
> > Elsa
> Dreck is Yiddish, as in trash or rubbish.
> As in the old whaling term "whale dreck"
> All the stuff that dribbled and seeped and fell through the hatches
> of the whaling ship during the process of slaughtering and rendering
> and ended up in the bottom of the ship.
> And now I will step off my pendantic soap box and slink away.
>
> Jose

Whale dreck is good on a bagel with a dash of tabasco sauce.
salt and pepper
There is too much space between salt and and and and and pepper. So
there.