Re: [CH] New Year's Recipe...

Lorraine Heidecker (lheid@saclink.csus.edu)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:08:04 -0700 (PDT)

My Grandma always said the first thing you eat in the New Year should be
pickled herring.  It will bring you luck!  Soo try buying a jar of the
stuff - maybe spiced cut? - and throwing a few dried cayennes into the
jar for a few days before eating.  (Keep the jar in the fridge after
opening!)
I would suggest cutting the fish chunks in half and deboning before
serving unless your guests are true herring aficionados (spelling?
People who eat a lot a pickled herring tend not to use words like that).
Serve with a decent rye bread and beer.

Peace, love and peppers

Lorraine