Re: [CH] Blossom drop

Michael Bailes (frgrntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:40:07 +1100

At 12:40 PM +1300 4-1-98, flynnt wrote:
>Hi all
>New year greetings from New Zealand. My problem is the 50 or chile
>plants out in the garden are not setting fruit as yet.
We have found that actual hours of sunlight seem to be important.
This year fruit is setting everwhere.( which seems to slow the plant growth
down??)
Last year with January totally overcast nothing happened till after a sunny
febuary.Then we had fruit to burn ( pardon5the pun)

Chillis are $30 a kilo!! at the Sydney fruit markets at the moment.

Is blossom drop a trace element deficiency? Copper?

Michael Bailes,  The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250
Australia. (OZ)
Int fax 61 243 651979  Phone 61 243 677322  EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
Web page at:    http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/
1998 Chilli Festival 8/9 March.  Some trade sites still available.