Re: [CH] savina bread

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:43:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, =Mark wrote:

> At 09:16 AM 1/6/98 -0400, Debbie Moose wrote:
> >OK, you're making me hungry! I must have missed the boat on this Jim's
> >Savina Bread. Can anyone tell me what it is and how I get it?
>
> Be afraid...  Be VERY Afraid!

IIRC, the recipe for the bread was a normalish type bread recipe with the
exception of using some V8 for some of the liquid, and of course, the
addition of about 2 oz of dried red savina habanero powder per loaf.
I think Jim said it was about 1/2 a 4 ounce dixey cup.

I don't have the recipe immediately handy, but that's what I remember.

Jim also said he makes it in a bread machine.  I wonder if hand kneading
the dough might give one Hunan hand?

Having "Survived THE BREAD" at Jim McGrath's hotluck, I can attest to
the heat, but if a little 5 year old girl could survive it, you shouldn't
be that afraid.  BTW, she was given some by her 7 year old sister.
Kids are so sweet.  :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas