Re: [CH] Tabasco Habanero in S.F. Bay Area

Mark W. Snitily (mark@zok.sgcs.com)
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 00:29:47 -0800 (PST)

>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 06:08:58 -0500
>From: Marc Chin <marcc@condorsys.com>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Tabasco Habanero
>
>Joanne and all,
>Tabasco Habanero is available in the San Jose area at Armadillo Willy's
>restaurants. The price I belive is $4.95 a bottle. If anyone has another
>source here in the valley please let me know.
>
>Marc Chin
>
>At 21:58 12/29/1997 -0600, Joanne Barton wrote:
>>Can anyone advise where in Bay area, particularly San Jose to Oakland, my
>>grandson can get me a bottle of Tabasco Habanero?
>>Joanne

Based upon Marc's mention of Armadillo Willy's, had lunch at the one
in Cupertino recently.  The guy there never heard of Tabasco Habanero.
But... he did say to take a menu and try calling some of the other
Armadillo Willy's.  (There are seven of them here in Silicon Valley
plus a number for catering and their corporate office.)

Didn't call them all, but can definitely say that the following two
have Tabasco Habanero:

   995 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA, USA (408) 255-RIBS
   2071 Camden Ave,  San Jose, CA, USA (408) 371-9033

The price at the Camden location is $4.25 for the 5 oz bottle.
Would guess the price at the Saratoga Ave location would be the
same but I didn't ask.

Standard disclaimer, I should mention that I have no affiliation with
any of the Armadillo Willy's in any way, shape, or form -- just a happy
customer.  Do want to give them a `thumbs up' recommendation.  They're
one of the few places where you can get _real_ slow smoked B.B.Q. here
in Silicon Valley.

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily       SGCS, 4441 Lazy Lane, San Jose, CA 95135-1805
mark@sgcs.com         (408) 532-0400   FAX: (408) 532-8250