Re: [CH] San Francisco eatery

Bob Pierce (al999@lafn.org)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 18:11:56 -0800

Curt Snyder, Hot's Desire wrote:

> Well, it's not a chile-head place, but I really like "The Stinking Rose".
> Everything is loaded with garlic, a few dishes (I believe) with a touch
> too much, but I haven't found anything I really disliked. I suggest
> ordering the bread with roasted garlic for starters. Reservations strongly
> recommended, it fills up quickly. I haven't been there for about five
> years, so things may be different. Enjoy!

A bunch of us get together for our semi annual mens retreat which is
just another of say let's go to a restaurant order some food and drink
lots of beer.

We all went to the one in Beverly Hills. It's just like you described it
but the only problem is it is about a 400 mile drive to the south of San
Francisco. If the one in the City is the same as the one in B.H. than I
would recommend you go there.

One of my friends ordered some bread and garlic spread. He was laying on
the spread like most people use jam on toast. Talked to him the next day
and he told me the wife made him sleep on the couch. So if you love
garlic than this is the place. If you can't stand the stuff than you
have been advised.