[CH] Re: Chiles before tests

Senor Chile Monger (supervisor@scudder.sbceo.k12.ca.us)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:04:12 -0800

Frank wrote:

>So, on the first test, I consumed a couple Scotch Bonnets to honor a long
>standing tradition of eating peppers before tests.  I did fairly well on
>the test.

>I am wondering if the effects of chiles on the respiratory system gives me
>more oxygen to perform, or if it is all in my head.  Or maybe it is a
>blessing from EL Grande.

Having also experienced periods of mild to electrifying Post-Habanero
Lucidity (PHL) I am inclined to think it's the endorphins, however it could
be one of those instances of being on the cusp when the physical and
spiritual worlds collide, the physical manifestation of El Grande, this
time taking the form of Capsicum Chinense being the catalyst of your
epiphany, but it's probably the endorphins.

If I have a heavy meeting scheduled in the PM, I try to eat a Hab with
lunch.  It helps me keep my balance ;-).

Doug

* For the sake of tolerance do we tolerate the intolerable? *