Re: [CH] Chili Abstinence???

Brent Leatherman (brent@mail.feist.com)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:01:09 -0600

At 04:28 PM 1/22/98 -0600, Matt Kraft wrote:
>Curiostity question?
>If one Abstains from eating anything with Capsicum for a while (not that I
>would want to or would even have the self restraint) does your tolarance
>diminish??? IE would Jalapenos and Cherry peppers taste "hot" again?

In my case the answer is yes, but not as much as you'd think. Back in my
navy days, we'd sometimes go for long periods at sea, w/o a chance to pull
into port, and occasionally, I'd run out of hot stuff. After returning, I
noticed that things seemed hotter than before, but I could still enjoy a
higher level of heat than a lot of folks...
"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."
General William Westmoreland