[CH] Re: What to do with Mole Paste

chefmad (chefmad@macconnect.com)
Fri, 23 Jan 98 11:26:44 -0600

Jeffrey Rose wrote:
>I just picked up 2 kinds of mole paste with chiles in a Spanish grocery
>but I'm not sure how to use it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Jeff:

Start off frying equal parts (maybe 1 cup of each) diced tomatoes and onion in 2 Tbs. oil. When everything is starting to soften, add 1/2 tsp. cumin, 2 Tbs. sugar, and salt & pepper to taste. Add about 1/2 a jar of the mole paste and stir it in well.  Add 1-2 cups chicken broth (canned is OK) depending on the thickness desired and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, adding more broth if necessary. Purée the sauce in a blender until smooth, then pour it over some grilled, broiled or baked chicken breasts. If you have the time to do so, you can slice the chicken (after cooking) and simmer it in the sauce for awhile.

chefmad