Re: [CH] Thai Herb ???

Lloyd (lloyd2@mindspring.com)
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 08:37:47 -0600

At 08:50 AM 1/25/98 -0500, Robert Farr, Chile Man wrote:
>I think you're talking about Perilla, also known as shisho.
>
>It's mostly used in Japanese and Korean cooking, though, not Thai.
>
>Robert.

Robert,

These sound like a different flavor to me. Susan said Corriander/Cilantro
flavor but stronger.

PER10 Perilla frutescens var. BRONZE PERILLA A 4' FS/A C O 3.00
This plant has a warm, spicy scent reminiscent of cinnamon. The leaves are
not as deep a
purple as our Purple Perilla. The preferred culinary Perilla.
Please add: of these to my order.

PER20 Perilla frutescens var. GREEN PERILLA A 3' FS/A C O 3.00
PER20X Attractive, crinkled, lime-green leaves. The flavor is similar to
that of Bronze
Perilla, with a heavy, sweet aftertaste. The whole plant has a warm, spicy
scent.
Please add: of these to my order.

Please add: of these to my order.

PER30 Perilla frutescens var. PURPLE PERILLA A 4' FS/A C O 3.00
Fresh leaves used to flavor cucumbers and pickles. Attractive red-purple
plant, which
self-seeds. Often mistaken for Opal Basil. Much used in Oriental cooking.
One loves it or
hates it.
Please add: of these to my order.

PER30X