Re: [CH] looking for Prudhomme's Fiery Foods

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 20:12:42 -0500

In ChileHeads Digest, v.4 no.282, Doug Faust wrote:

>Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:55:11 -0800
>From: faustink@neosoft.com (Doug Faust)
>Subject: [CH] looking for Prudhomme's Fiery Foods
>
>several days ago some of you folks found Prudhommes recent cookbook, Fiery
>Foods I love, at a marked discount at your local Books-a-million.  Must be
>I'm too close to New Orleans, but my local Books-etc have only got it at
>list price, and I can't convince myself to shell out $25.

Well I dashed right out to my local Borders Books & Music and discovered
that "Fiery Foods" is still full price in their computer listing,
but "The Prudhomme Family Cookbook" of old-time Louisiana recipes by
the eleven Prudhomme brothers and sisters was on the bargain table for
a mere $4.99.  So, I decided to average the cost and buy both books
for MsBear's birthday which is coming up on Friday this week.

The rest of my Sunday afternoon shopping was a trip to the local
Costco where I identified *one-gallon* glass jugs of Frank's Red Hot
sauce for $6.99 with a tag to send for a $2.00 mail-in rebate.  Now
if I can just figure out what to do with a gallon of hot sauce.

Cheers,
The Old Bear