Re: [CH] Re: Bad Attitude Chile

SKShivers (SKShivers@aol.com)
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 00:36:30 EST

>I did not make Bad Attitude this
>past weekend for the superbowl. We lost power again in another ice storm
>and figured that Green Bay didn't need my help anyway. Turns out I was
>wrong. Apologies to Brett Favre & Co.

Well I live in Milwaukee,Wisconsin, and at the last minute decided to enter a
Chili contest at the usual wateringhole. So I went with Bad Attitude chili.
The  changes I made were these : Using chunks of tenderloin for the meat. Good
idea. I beaned. I forgot the chocolate. Port instead of bourbon. Toned down
the heat a little.
My husband said it was the best I ever made. The judges didn't even have me in
the top ten out of 14  entries. The 1st place chili was as bland as a lutefisk
dinner (that's cardboard for those of you not from the hinterlands)
Lesson: Know your audience.
My problem is that I moved here recently, Previously I lived in Madison, Wis -
Hippie Haven where at least people meant it if they said they like it hot.

BTW - I think some Bad attitude chili would have been just what Brett and Co
needed to kick it in high gear. Oh well