Re: [CH] "Hot Peppers for Healthy Hearts"

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:38:58 +1100

At 6:36 AM +1100 27-1-98, Rob L. wrote:
>I found this in an article titled "20 Natural Remedies that Really Work"
>in the November issue of  Ladies home Journal.
>
>Hot Peppers for Healthy Hearts:
>    Capsaicin, the tongue-searing ingredient in hot peppers , has long
>been used in Eastern medicine to soothe ulcers, imporve circulation and
>speed up sluggish bowels. Years ago, German researchers discovered
>another healthy reason to eat chile peppers: Capsaicin goes to work in
>the bloodstream, forming a powerful clot-dissolving stimulant that
>prevents obstructions that cause heart attacks or strokes, depending on
>where they occur.
>In addition, researchers have found that both dry red pepper and pure
>capsaicin protect the heart by suppressing the liver's production of
>cholesterol, thereby lowering levels of cholesterol in the blood.
See also the Fragrant Garden's publication on Chillies

Michael Bailes,  The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250
Australia. (OZ) Int fax 61 243 651979  Phone 61 243 677322
 EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au  Web page at:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/
1998 Chilli Festival 8/9 March.
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/chili/festival1998.html