[CH] Re: PICO DE GALLO

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 03:12:28 RSA-2

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:39:03 +0000
From: Carr_Hayslip@bathnes.gov.uk (Carr Hayslip)
Subject: [CH] PICO DE GALLO

[snip] a whole bunch of stuff.  Sigh! wish more could do the same

> There, every street corner had someone selling barely ripe
> mangoes which they would peel (leaving a bit of skin and the
> stem for you to hold) and slather all over in a mix (about
> 50/50) of salt and cayenne.  Thus each bite was a powerful
> combination of sweet, sour (the mango), hot and salt (the
> mix).

Don't know about that part of the world but this is a much
relished snack from our Indian community.  Most just don't
waste time with peeling the fruit ;-)  Green mango and salt
chile mix has to be tried to be appreciated.

Peter

--

Peter Moss             E-Mail: pmoss@yoda.alt.za

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.