[CH] re: Ozzie chile info

J.B Cattley (jbc@mpx.com.au)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:13:58 +1100

>Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 23:44:36 +1100
>From: lukasz <lukasz@midcoast.com.au>
>Subject: [CH] Ozzie Chile source Info
>Hi All ,
>Found some Orange ,Red and Green Habs at a Fruit and
>Veggie barn here in Coffs ..Also had Purple Thai Dragons and
>Poblano's . All for
>AUD $12.99 a Kilo . ----- Ouch .
>Source is Devil Dog Chilli {Spelling is theirs} Have to rectify
>that !

That's what you pay in syd, all the time! Even for cayennes! (sometimes they
go down to $9.99) I was getting a deal when I found some habs in Nowra for
$15 (also Devil Dog).

As for the spelling: that's how you spell it this side of the pacific.
'chile' still catches my eye when I see it written.

>PO Box 97 Beerwah 4519 QLD
>Tel 07 5494 9676
>Fax 07 5494 0214

I'll have to give them a call; me wondereth if they do mail order across the
border...

>At last we have a Grower who while he/she seems to have a poor grasp
>of spelling appears to be making efforts to Educate his target market.

If you _wanted_ to start a spelling flame, LOSE THE APOSTROPHE'''S ON THE
PLURAL'''S! And what's ('what is', lose the i, gain an apostrophe, geddit?)
with the Capitalisation of Every Noun? :)

>Orange Habs have the Genuine flavour but seem lacking a little
>in Heat . Will get around to the Red ones shortly , these seem a
>little fuller in size than normal ? El Nino Strikes again .

They were just medium hot? OOOH YEAH! Gimme the real ones!   The red ones I
tried were a bit disappointing. Veins OK, but flesh boring. Got that cheap
canned peach flavour, though. What's the best way to counter/work with this?
Made some apricot/hab ice cream, and a sweet sauce good for table sauce
base, but can't see how to best fit this in to a savoury recipe.

jbc

P.S: One problem with the digest version:

Have to cut/paste the quoted stuff, and insert my own pointy brackets!
Heavens aburv, this can't go on! Petition Microsoft today for a list-aware
mail reader!