[CH] Pendery's

The Old Bear (oldbear@arctos.com)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 08:45:39 -0500

In ChileHeads Digest, vol.4 no.303, Chris Eaves wrote:

>Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:50:43 -0600
>From: "Christopher E. Eaves" <cea260@airmail.net>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Chimayo Chile Source?
>
>Richard Scobey wrote:
>>
>> I was given a bag of  "Chimayo Brand" - Chimayo chile powder. I'm not
>> sure how the quality of this brand compares to other brands of Chimayo
>> chile powders, but I really liked it and I'm trying to find a source. I
>> wasn't able to contact the company ( El Encanto - Albuquerque, NM) that
>> was printed on the label.
>
>Pendery's Taste Merchants has it in their catalog. You can request one
>at: 1-800-533-1870  . . .

Funny Chris should mention Pendery's.  When I went to the Washington
Post web site to find the Februaty 4th article on Chili Cookoffs
which John Bosley mentioned in ChileHeads Digest, vol.4 no. 302, I did
a seach for the word "chili" and turned up both the cookoff article
and the following item which also ran in the Food Section on the same
day: