RE: [CH] Chile in chili

Michael Schapansky (michael1@bga.com)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:04:13 -0600

I use lots of Ancho chilis when I make tamales.  They are quite potent when
toasted (I hurt myself badly a couple of years ago by catching a whiff of
the smoke from the toasting process) I wonder if the manufacturers blend
Ancho powder with other, milder chilis or if the powder just becomes less
potent after the commercial toasting and drying processes.