Re: [CH] Walker's Wood and Busha Brownes'

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 05:35:46 -0800

Jim Campbell wrote:

> Walkers' Wood & Busha Browne's are both bottled by Walkers' Wood.
> However, Walkers' Wood is only the co-packer for the Busha's.  Thus Busha's
> has a seperate corporate identity (and address).  As I understood it, they were
> not the same company, only the same sauce.  Such arrangements aren't
> uncommon.

I can understand and accept that type of arrangement...

But, which sauces are we talking about (I came into this a bit late).
The sauce in my two bottles (Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce and Walker's
Wood Scotch Bonnet Sauce) are different in both taste and appearance.
The Pukka Sauce has a reddish-orange tinge and more visible chunks of
pepper...and, a pronounced fruity flavor that I typically associate
with habaneros.  The Scotch Bonnet Sauce is more of an orangeish color
(even a bit brownish, but not unappealing so) and seems to be more
thoroughly pureed...and, it doesn't have the fresh fruit flavor of the
Pukka Sauce and is a bit salty (although not salty to a fault, from my
point of view).  The list of ingredients also varies between the two.
Different batches at different times could account for the difference
in taste and appearance, but what about the difference in the list
of ingredients.

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at:
http://www.free.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/