Re: [CH] pronunciation THANKS!

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 17:39:09 -0600

Daryl F. Bernard wrote:

> Thanks to all the CH'ers who offered me advice regarding pronunciation
> (both on the list and via private e-mail). Mostly I found out that,
> although there may be a general concensus, there is plenty of room for
> personal preferences and individuality.
>
> As I write this, I am nearly out of Calvin's Kelvin and Habs Magnificent
> Seven Magic Dust Powder (or whatever it has come to be known as). I have
> used it sparingly on nearly everything I've eaten in the past week - a
> pinch here and a sprinkle there. Man I love this stuff. And, by the way,
> the color doesn't bother me in the least (as a few folks have mentioned).
>
> Being a big fan of the X-Files, I have developed a theory regarding
> Calvin's Poweder. I think it's a government conspiracy. He offers this
> powder to taste test, knowing full well there is a secret ingredient that
> will cause all that try it to instantly become mindless zombies (kinda
> like crack addicts, I suppose). When we use up our sample, we carry the
> little, powder-stained ziplocs around with us for not-quite-satisfying
> regular sniffs. We are absolutely primed to snatch up and hoard every
> bottle on the shelves should it become commercially available. I have
> become completely obsessed with this drug, a despicable shell of my
> former self. And yet I am overwhelmingly grateful to Calvin for the
> experience. How has this happened to me? The truth is out there.
>
> Daryl

Daryl-
	There is no truth.  You are paranoid, but you are still being watched.
Keep telling yourself there is no such thing as capsaicin.  You have no
memory of your abduction.  Elvis still lives and is growing peppers in
an underground greenhouse in Southern Argentina.  This was all just a
dream.  You have an insatiable urge to build a mountain on your plate
out of mashed potatoes.  Your eyes are getting heavy......*

                                                Calvin