Re: EMR and radiation (was re: [CH] computer jalapenos )

Daryl F. Bernard (dbernard@svsu.edu)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:20:31 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Charles Demas wrote:

> Hell, the sun and everything around us is radioactive, it's more a
> question of how much.
>
> Personally, I think drying the chiles on top of the monitor is a good
> idea.  I just dried some of those Jamaican Hots my friend bought me in my
> toaster oven (set on keep warm), but maybe I'll try the next batch on my
> monitor.

As the CH who originally posted the idea of drying chopped chiles on top
of my computer monitor, I feel compelled to post my results as well.

Two nights (with the computer left on - like I said, I never turn my
computer off anyway) seems to be perfect. I came in this morning, and the
jalapeno pieces were dried perfectly. Popping a couple little chunks in
my mouth provided a nice tingle - they even seem a little hotter than
they did when I was chopping them up (perhaps as a result of 36 hours of
constant exposure to electromagnetic radiation emission!).

Rather small scale - but they won't get burned or too crispy, so I'd say
go for it. Of course, more testing is in order :)

Daryl