Re: [CH] Boerewors & powder

Dave Williams (dwill@iafrica.com)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:14:31 +0200

Little Grant (Ngx) wrote:

> Pete Moss wrote:
>
> I wonder if 20 habs blenderised will be enough to be included
> in the making of 5kg of boerevors?  Anyone tried this?
>
> Pete
>
> I haven't had any Habs to do this with (maybe in 3-6 months?). I have
> made a great cayenne and garlic wors however - next time I'll have to
> up the chile content as I was a bit lenient for the non CH around the
> house.
>
> Calvin's powder was tried on a good old fashioned braaivleis this week
> end and it goes great with wors.
>
>  chile bed this weekend to make space for all the
> new varieties that are ready for transplanting.

Hi gentlemen of the SACH brigade,
Does either of you have a good boerewors recipe? As an import from Ireland
married to a boeremeisie, it could really up my shares.....
My hab plants have +- 200 fruits but only half a dozen are ripe: I suspect
20 in 5 Kg is plenty, though....
My Calvin's powder arrived last week and met a very fresh Cape Salmon on
the braai. Magnificent and my kids (who are not big fish eaters as a rule)
had seconds and thirds and raved.
Calvin: I'll send my review in the next day or two :it's really great
stuff.
Cheers
Dave W in Cape Town