Re: [CH] Thanks, Jim

Walt Gray (waltgray@mnsinc.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:52:54 -0500

Richard A Williams wrote:

> Anyway, it was a big hit, and now I
> need to search the archives for the recipe, unless some kind soul has it
> handy...

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       Jim Campbell's SAVINA BREAD

Recipe By     : Jim Campbell
Categories    : Bread                            Chile

   1 1/2  cups          whole wheat flour
   1 1/2  cups          white flour
     1/2  cup           V8 or similar veggie juice
     1/2  cup           water
   1      tsp           salt
   1 1/2  tbls          evaporated dried milk
   1 1/2  tbls          brown sugar
   1      tbl           honey or sorgham
   1 1/2  tsp           fast rise auto bread yeast (2 tsp normal
                        yeast)
   2      tbls          butter
   2      ounces        ground dried Red Savina (tm) Habanero -- (or
more/less)

(all wheat may be used, but not all white- the Savina (tm) seems to go good
with wheat breads while white has too little flavor for it IMHO) Heat liquid
ingredients to about 100 F.  Pour into cannister.  Put in dry ingredients,
yeast last.  Set machine to desired finish.  Done.
I'll leave it to individuals to try and figure out how to adapt this to
their own style of breadmaking.  Like I said, this is for one of those auto
bread machines simply becuase I don't know how to bake bread otherwise.  If
it ain't easy, I ain't got time to do it.  I'm sure there are lots of
different herb combinations that could be used as well.  Hope you all have
fun with this!
-Jim Campbell Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.

--
   Walt Gray --- Alexandria, Virginia
   AIM Captain113