Re: Chiles in fiction (was Re: [CH] CH-SF)

Allen L Marshall (crataegus@yhc.edu)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:19:22 -0500

>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:39:50 -0700
>From: "David A. Verbil" <dverbil@primenet.com>
>Subject: Re: [CH] CH-SF?
> He <Scudder> and his wife are also Thai food aficianados ... I love science
>fiction, but definitely enjoy some of the mysteries too.

I seem to remember Carol and Bernie (in the Burglar series) briefly
mentioning their misadventures in Thai, as well.

Getting back to Sci-Fi for a moment (SF sounds too damned PC to me...), in
one of Neal Stephenson's other books, _Zodiac_, Sangamon is addicted to
Vietnamese food.

In _The Day The Earth Stood Still_, Klaatu admonishes humans for eating
food that is too spicy.  I'm glad they left that out of the movie.

Anyone else have any references to chiles they'd like to post to the list?

--
<mailto:crataegus@yhc.edu>
Allen Marshall