Re: [CH] Caning Chiles

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:53:47 -0800

Scott Thurston (scottie) wrote:

> I heard that you can grow hotter chiles if you stress them, but caning them?
> That sounds rather extreme.
> Or is it just a Singaporean thing?
>
> As for the process, I guess you'd just make them bend over and give 'em a few
> sharp whacks.
>
> (Yes, Shad, I know what you really meant to ask. =8^)
>
> Scott Thurston
>      scottie@sequent.com                       Phone: (503) 578-3878
>      Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.     FAX:    (503) 578-2075
>      15450 SW Koll Parkway
>      Beaverton, OR  97006                      O-

Sure, Scott, but dont you think that you had better check with Rael? I
thought he was the one with the whips...or do you think he was referring
to what a good red necked sous chef does to garlic potatoes?
But to be serious, and back on topic, we have canned(in jars) a really
good green sauce with tomatillos and chilies, you just have to watch the
acid content, same as with tomatoes....anything can be canned and if you
live in Singapore..caned if you aare bad..Cheers, Doug in BC