Re: [CH] Leafs vs. Habs

Edmiston (edmiston@wardpress.com)
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 20:27:23 +0000

Margo Hobbs Thompson wrote:

> Well, I was in Toronto so this sign I saw outside a restaurant advertised a
> hockey game, not a dueling entree. Stopped me short, though.

Heh, that never occured to me, the Habs ref. Then again, I've never been
much of hockey fan. OTOH, Spring Training's started -- woohoo! (Oops,
sorry, was that out loud?)

> I want to thank all the past and current Torontonians who gave me such
> excellent advice about where to eat--here's my report.
> Edmiston, I didn't get up to the roti shop in Kensington, but was saved and
> revived after my first job interview by "Roti Express," on Simcoe St.
> outside the convention center. I had a goat roti (curried goat and potato
> in a tortilla-like wrap), with a delicious hot sauce. Just a little
> take-out stand, but a lifesaver in convention-ville.

Wow, I didn't even know that was there... I'll have to check it out next
time I hit the Metro Convention Centre. I always thought there was
nothing decent down that way. Thanks for the tip, ferner. (:

Glad you enjoyed your dining here and hope your interviews went well. If
you do get a job up here, make a point to visit the joint in Kensington
Market. You'll need to go to the market anyway, it's the only place to
regularly get poblanos here (plus lots of other swell spices).