Re: [CH] looking for a seafood chili

Stephen Tanner (SBahrd@a-o.com)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:47:27 -0400

Anton Schoenbacher wrote:

> Hey there,
> Does anybody have a good seafood chili recipie, something with a
> definite zing to it, but not a blazing inferno (in case I offer some to
> the rest of my pantie waste friends).
>
> Anton--

Hi Anton,

Here's one that you can make as hot as you want from Da Firecracker
Chilly Place :{)

							Recipe #55

	Spiced Hot Scallops
	Recipe by Tarheel Steve

	INGREDIENTS

	1 lb Scallops
	1 tbs Ginger root chopped
	1 tbs Garlic, chopped
	4 Scallions, chopped
	2 tbs Lime juice
	1/4 tsp Dried mustard
	2 tsp Brown sugar
	2 tbs Soy sauce
	1/2 tsp Powdered cayenne or habinero chiles
	2 tbs ketchup
	1 tbs cornstarch mixed with enough water to liquefy
	2 tbs peanut oil (or cooking oil of choice)

	PREPARATION

	Heat oil in a wok; add ginger, garlic, scalloins, and chile powder.
	Stir fry for one minute.
	Add scallops and stir fry until firm and opaque.
	Add lime juice, ketchup, dry mustard, and sugar; blend well.
	Add cornstarch and cook until thickened.
	Serve on a bed of rice.

--
Steve Tanner
Tarheel Steve's Pots, Pans, & Poetry