Re: [CH] Soaking chile peppers in vinegar to make HOTTER???

lukasz (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:52:08 +1100

Brad Charbonneau wrote:

> Hi folks,
>       Is it possible to soak chile peppers in vinegar or any other
> type of solution to make them become hotter?  Or is this a tall
> tale?
Waal I suppose if you got a No4 needle and syringe ,drew off the
dark oily stuff on top of a bottle of Dave's/Blairs sauce that
had been sitting on the shelf for 2 months or more , and filled
your Chile with the contents ,then soaked it in a mixture of the
aforementioned sauces for 2-3 months it would taste lots hotter
.,As for the Vinegar ,dats a preservative not a magic potion
				Luke in OZ