Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V4 #346

Brent Leatherman (brent@mail.feist.com)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:15:32 -0600

Jim -
   while I'll be the first to admit that gov't agencies are, as a rule,
clueless, as a native of Florida, I do kinda like the fact that there are
rules about shipping live plants around. Having suffered through kudzu and
water hyacinth, a non-native plant can get pretty ugly. 'Course, the fact
that chile plants couldn't cause this type of problem is an irritant, but
what'cha gonna do?

At 10:21 AM 3/11/98 +0000, Jim Campbell wrote:
>The Chile Woman, aka Susan Byers from this list, is having a bit of
difficulty.
>She e-mailed me to let me know that the Gov'ment (you know, those great
>protectors of us all who are too mindless to decide upon risks for
ourselves)
>has decided that she must obtain INDIVIDUAL permits from EACH of the states
>she intends to send catalogs to.  Needless to say, she related that she
has been
>on the phone almost constantly obtaining permission to send live plants to
>each of the 50 states.  Most of the states have multiple agencies that she
must
>deal with and are clueless about what is required.  Please have patience or
>e-mail her direct.  Standard disclaimers.....
>>-Jim C
>MWPH

"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."
General William Westmoreland