Re: [CH] tie one on...

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 07:52:59 -0800

Daryl F. Bernard wrote:

> All my life I have rebelled against the "norm" - the "status quo" - and
> have been a noncomformist when it comes to personnel attire. I have
> steadfastly refused to wear ties, for example. I prefer function over
> form, and ties seem to serve no funtion whatsoever.

The last time I wore a tie actually draped around my neck was the wife's
and my first wedding anniversary 32 years ago this year.  The suit I wore
that evening was also the last suit I've ever owned.  The suit went about
30 years ago, but I still have the tie.  I used it as a headband while
experiencing the excesses of the late 1960s and early 70s.  I tried to
sell it at a garage sale a few years ago, but when the woman who was
going to buy it found out it was my one and only tie, she wouldn't finish
the sale.  She said something about it being immoral for a man not to own
at least one tie.  Whatever...

> BUT, I am in my last year of training to become an elementary teacher,
> and as such, am doing a lot of field work. This requires a certain level
> of professionalism, inlcuding - you guessed it - wearing ties...

That is unfortunate, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

> And what do I come accross? A tie covered with chiles! Red, orange, and
> green chiles, with black, shadow-like chiles in the background. Cool.

At least you've found a way to do it with a grin...

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at:
http://www.free.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/