RE: [CH] Emus & some chile stuff

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@Netherlands.honeywell.com)
23 Mar 1998 10:36:45 -0600

Try it with a dry white wine instead of the vinegar and follow your
recipe mostly works in all cases when you want to replace vinegar.

success

Rob Pieters

 ----------
From:  csckec@terraworld.net
Sent:  vrijdag 20 maart 1998 13:40
To:  chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject:  [CH] Emus & some chile stuff

Oddly enough, southeast Kansas has become a hot bed of Emu ranching.  I
know a bunch of guys who made big bucks selling breeding pairs of Emus.
also know a bunch of guys who have lost their butts.  Apparently there is
still little commercial market for the meat, but the oil & leather seems
sell.

Chile related stuff to stay on topic--  My 3 y.o. habs didn't make it
through this winter.  Really disappointing.  I'm not entirely sure what
went wrong.  These plants were transplanted back and forth a couple of
times, maybe the last time the shock was just too much.  I think I'll
keep
the potted ones in the pots and let the ones in the garden go this year.
 Since my non-CH wife left I'm going to expand both variety and quantity
of
peppers planted in the garden this year.

I found a baste recipe & would appreciate some input.  What can I
substitute for some of this vinegar?

4 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice
2 cups vinegar
6 chipotles
3 TB cumin
2 TB cracked peppercorns

Simmer & reduce quantity to 1/3.

Seems too vinegary for my tastes.  Haven't tried it with any other
peppers.

Kevin Crooks
csckec@terraworld.net

Between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose.