Re: [CH] Important phone scam info. got this thru the chile-head

Bill Woodward (
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:48:38 -0600

Check out the Urban Legend info on the web page:

According to this, it is possible, but unlikely for someone not using a
business phone.  I'd be more concerned about the one described in:

In *any* case, the original message has no place on the chile-heads

David A. Verbil wrote:
> Ray,
>     I feel the way you do about urban legends. But this tale is
> _not_ a legend. I work at Intel, and the Information Technology
> folks there recently verified the reality of this scam.
>                                                         DAVe
> >
> > Always be suspicious of  "friend of a friend" story.  This is an urban legend
> > along the lines of the goodtime virus and the modem tax.

Bill Woodward         | PSW Technologies  | Until you stalk and    |-------------------| overrun, you can't
512-342-3444          | Crack the Sky fan | devour anyone