Re: [CH] Jalapeno seasoning

Frank J. Hashek (pepperking@mindspring.com)
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:54:02 -0500

"ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" Do I hear a fuse burning?

My reply in agreement with the original post reflected both my personal
opinion and manner of cooking.

I add no salt when cooking, people can add as much as they choose, but it
is damn hard to take it out for those who want less.

Personally, I use a minimal amount of salt or no salt on most of my food.
I rely on a proper mix of spices to season what I cook.  A notable
exception is popcorn, which I salt heavily.

If medical authority for my position of moderation must be cited, the
following should suffice:
	The K Factor; Dr. Richard Moore, M.D. PhD
	Reversing Heart Disease; Dr. Dean Ornish, M.D.
Dr. Moore has done extensive research on non-western cultures whose diet
did not include salt.  Heart disease was virtually non-existant, but rose
with the westernization of their diets.

Actually, there are many factors involved, and I will be the first to admit
that I could do more to safeguard my health.

I'm off my soapbox now.  The salt shaker is sitting on my table for whoever
comes for dinner.  I won't say anything if you pick it up.

BTW, I love sauerkraut, of which cabbage and salt are the main ingredients.
 I eat it with dead pig, but chittlin' free.

Running on Chile power, Frank