Re: [CH] on the salt/seasoning thread. . . .

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (jbenz@courant.infi.net)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:29:12 -0400

Doug Irvine wrote:

> Ken_Farr@SMTP.NYNEX.COM wrote:
> >
> > Doug Irvine  wrote:
> > > . . . . .  Personally, the only salt mixture that I use is celery salt,
> > > and only in spaghetti sauce. . . .
> >
> > Here's another good use for celery salt - next time you smash some
> > potatoes, try a dash or two of celery salt. Two tablespoons of Innner Beauty
> > provide a nice colorful touch.
> Potatoes, you say? Oh I can do better than that! Take five potatoes,

(snip)

Me too...make some twice baked potatoes (the ones where you scoop the guts out of
a baked potato, mash with cheddar cheese, restuff the shells and bake again). The
recipes usually call for topping with paprika or parsley. Instead, brush the
finished potatoes with a little butter and sprinkle with hab powder. Looks just
like paprika...looks great, tastes great and has great entertainment value when
the in-laws come to visit.  :)

JB
--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.