Re: [CH] RE:Health Food

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:43:38 -0700

Lars Anderson wrote:

> Renae wrote;
>
>....  Now does anybody know
> > how to make good homemade totilla chips?  I would love to do this -
> > especially with some nice blue corn meal.
>
> Get dried blue corn, make nixtamal, then make masa, then make tortillas,
> then fry in canola oil. I'm in SC right now and can't send you the
> particulars. I got the nixtamal info from Rich McCormick.

Thanks for jolting my memory...

I posted the method for making nixtamal to the C-H list awhile back and
mentioned at the time that since the recipe wasn't included in my webpages
I should remedy that situation...but alas, I never got around to it.

The recipe and method for making nixtamal for making masa for tortillas
and tamales, and hominy for pozole and menudo, can now be found within
my webpages.  Since it's not necessarily chile related, it won't be found
in my chile related pages, but can be found thru my general food related
pages by using the "Recipe Index" link and clicking on the "Nixtamal
(for making masa and hominy)" link.

Now that I think of it, I haven't included any of my recipes for making
tamales, pozole or menudo.  I'll have to remedy that situation...

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at:
http://www.free.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/