[CH] peppers in pots

Renae (rchurch@pscosf.peru.edu)
Fri, 01 May 1998 14:49:57 -0500

>Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Lorraine Heidecker <lheid@saclink.csus.edu>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Pot Sizes
>
>Hi Mike!
>
>My plant are in BIG pots - about 2 1/2 feet in diameter and maybe the
>same deep.  They have been growing happily there for about three years.
>I move theminside undeer a flourescent light in the winter and move them
>around all summer so they will get at least 8 hours of sunlight.  I feed
>them egularly with K-Gro (K-Marts generic plant food) and get enough a
>crop from them to keep us in fresh peppers from about June through
>October with an occasional "gift" over the winter.  Water sparingly and
>watch out for aphids!

Lorraine:

I am just going to try growing my peppers in pots this summer.  These pots
are at least 20" diameter, probably deeper than they are wide.  Advice
please:  I was thinking I could put three plants per pot if I was
conscientious about feeding and watering.  Does this sound reasonable?  How
many are you growing in each 2 1/2 ft pot?

Thanks.

Renae
BTW, growing in NW Missouri, Zone 5