Re: [CH] The Worst salsa you've ever had.

John Lilly (John.C.Lilly-1@ou.edu)
Fri, 15 May 1998 09:38:09 -0500

Michael Schapansky wrote:
 [snippy poo]

> Where have you folks found the best and WORST salsas??
>
> Inquiring minds and all that.

The worst salsa I ever had was at a restaurant called La Fuente(a?)
in Ames, Iowa.  The regular stuff was bland with no heat, so I asked
the waitress for something hotter.  The heat wasn't bad, but the
tomatillo based sauce tasted like it had soy and Worcestershire sauces
in it.  YUK!!!

The best salsa I've had is from Pepe Delgados here in Norman, OK.  It is
hab and tomato based.  It almost tastes like they add cinnamon.  Not as
hot as I would like, but that's the way it goes.

In El Grande's Service
John Lilly