Re: [CH] Smoking and other deviant pleasures

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 17:31:28 -0700

YYZkid@aol.com wrote:

> Please indulge me for a spell. Although I've never smoked chiles (that will
>  soon change) I would strongly advise against over-smoking *any* foods. Until
>  recently, I used to smoke meats and wonder why they always had a very bitter
>  flavor. Here's why, according to Clark "Smokey' Hale--author, publisher, and
>  barbecue chef....

With all due respect to "Smokey" the BBQ chef...when you're making
chipotles you're not smoking sausages or BBQing ribs, you're using
low heat and lot's of smoke in a very slow drying process.

My chipotles have always come out pungent and smokey without a hint
of bitterness.  Smoking meat or sausages and smoking chiles is not
the same thing.  Trust me, a handfull of soggy hickory chips ain't
gonna make it!

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at: