Re: [CH] Pasta from Hell

Valerie (seabreeze@concentric.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 23:01:10 -0400

Fellow CH's
This is really good, made it for dinner tonite. If some
of you adventurous chilechef folks try any interesting
variations on this, please lemme know.
Thanx and Enjoy!
Valerie

ps: to everybody going to the Boston Hotluck, have
a great time and send the leftovers my way!

Pasta From Hell
(Inspired by the East Coast Grill in Cambridge, Massachusetts)
by Dave and Susan Henderson (as printed in Yankee Magazine)
[which I'm pretty sure Kit doesn't subscribe to!!]

1 pound bow ties or medium shell pasta
2 TBSP olive oil
¼  lb. small fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined or
½  lb. skinless boneless chicken breast or
½  lb. lean pork, cut into 1/2" chunks
2 bell peppers (1 green and 1 red)
sliced into strips 1/4" wide and 1 1/2" long
1 medium onion, chopped
6 oz pineapple juice
10 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
¼  cup fresh lime juice
2 Habanero chiles (fresh or dried) chopped
2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut in slices
roughly ½ " thick
½  cup cilantro, chopped
3 TBSP butter
¼  cup grated Parmesan cheese

BE SURE ALL SAUCE INGREDIENTS ARE PREPARED
FOR COOKING BEFORE YOU START THE PASTA

1. In a pasta cooker or large kettle, bring at least
5 quarts water to a boil. Add the pasta and look at
the clock.

2a. If using shrimp, chicken or pork, start when pasta
has cooked for 3 minutes. Place a very wide skillet or
large wok over medium high heat. Add the oil, then meat
and sauté the meat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove
with a slotted spoon and reserve. Shrimp should be just
starting to turn pink.

2b. If not using meat, wait 6 minutes, then heat pan and
add oil as described above.

3.  Add bell peppers and onion to (unwashed) pan and sauté
until just beginning to soften (2 to 3 minutes). Add the
fruit juices, chiles and half the banana slices and bring
to a boil.

4.  Lower heat slightly, add the remaining bananas, (reserved
shrimp, chicken or pork) cilantro, butter and Parmesan cheese
and simmer 3 minutes more. the pasta should just be done when
the sauce is. Drain pasta and distribute among plates or bowls.
Top with the sauce and serve at once

--
THERE'S TOO MUCH BLOOD IN MY CAFFINE SYSTEM!!

Valerie / Breeze.....  whatever!!
seabreeze@concentric.net
ICQ# 3953329

HEY! don't forget the Hot Spot: