FW: [CH] el nino? el @!*&^$%

Gil White (gilbert.white@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 22:58:59 -0400

Come up to Cookstown, Ontario.  We dipped below freezing last night
and there are frost warnings for the area.  Just got in from covering
all my peppers/tomatoes/beans with tarps, plastic, etc.

3 weeks ago we were in the 80's.

I was lamenting my small plants on the weekend but it sure was easier
to cover them.

Gil ( refusing to turn the heat back on ) White

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of
Boleynx@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 1998 12:39 PM
To: dbernard@svsu.edu; oldbear@arctos.com
Cc: begg.4@osu.edu; chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] el nino? el @!*&^$%

melbourne (FL, don't get too excited there Luke!) registered a
whopping 107 degrees yesterday. Today, the heat index here will rise
to around 110 degrees.
at this point, I can only look out the kitchen window and mourn.  all
those sweet little blossoms...(sigh).  oh well, at least now I can
save the money I was going to use for "Too Many Peppers".  thanks
again, el nino (*&^%*&)

SNIP

mad dogs and englishmen, baby.

Bets