Re: [CH] Drying Seeds - Greenhouses

Tony Flynn (flynnt@ellconweb.net.nz)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 08:11:13 +1300

CUMMINSTD@aol.com wrote:

> Are pepper seeds that have been put through a dehydrator viable seeds
> to plant
> next year - or does it affect them adversly and they won't germinate
> properly?
> I normally sun dry the peppers take the seeds out and keep them in the
> refrig.
> until I plant - they work fine that way.

Hi all

I have heard of putting some seeds and bulbs in a refrigerator for a
time before planting.
I thought this was for plants that came from climates with a severe
winter.
Do I understand that it helps to store chile seeds in the refrigerator
all winter?

Tony Flynn

Summer starting after the winter that never was.