[CH] Greetings from a new member

FlatsTime@aol.com
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:24:59 EST

--part0_910826700_boundary

From: FlatsTime@aol.com
To: chili-heads@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Greetings from a new member
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:35:34 EST

   Howdy,
  At last I've found pepper lovers as insane (or more) about chili peppers as
I am!  I'm new to your list, having just found your chili-heads site.  I'm not
sure I'm as much of a hot pepper lover as most of you seem to be, but I love
them just the same!  I guess I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to really hot
peppers!  I'm at the cayenne level of heat.  Anything hotter than that just
about brings me to tears!  But I'm working up slowly.  15 years ago I wouldn't
eat anything hot!  Now if they're too hot for me to eat raw I cook them with
something!

   I've been growing peppers for about ten years now.  Last year I had about
fifty varieties growing but this year I haven't had the time for that many.
You see, I'm also a Bromeliad & Orchid lover and a fishing nut, and with the
purchase of my new boat everything has slowed a little!  This is a partial
list of those I've grown: Serrano, Anahiem, Banana, Cubanelle, Szechuan,
Bells, Aji, Ancho, Pepperoncini,  Cayenne, Chaco, Chero, Cherry Bomb, Scotch
Bonnet, Chiltepin, Habanero, Datil, Piquin, Jamaican Red, Paprika, Pimento,
Rocotillo, Rocoto, Tabasco, Puya, Ordono, Piccante, Fiesta, Thai Hot, Marconi,
Ornamentals, etc....

  Unfortunately, I haven't the seeds of most of these any more so I guess I'll
be starting over.  During June of last year I had a brief, unexpected hospital
stay which was just long enough for most of my plants to dry up and die.  I
live in Central Florida and in the summer it gets pretty hot and dry here so
without constant watering they die-off quickly, not to mention the nematodes
and sandy soil!

    Anyway, it's great to hear all your tips and such and perhaps I can
contribute something in the future!
  Bob J.

--part0_910826700_boundary--