[CH] growing peppers indoors

Chet Bacon (hcbacon@connix.com)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:36:30 -0500

> Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:00:11 -0500
> From: "Matt" <buckeye@accesstoledo.com>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Pepper plants indoors
>
> I transplanted a few Habs from the garden this fall and have them in 12-inch
> pots in the basement under 40-watt flourescent fixtures suspended about
> 6-inches over the tops of the plants.  I have not had to help pollinate
> them, although the local extension office says that this may be useful.  The
> biggest problem to date have been aphids and fungus gnats which don't like
> to be told to vacate their new home.  I water the Habs from the bottom tray
> of the pots and once each month I give them a little fertilizer in water.  I
> left a few Habs in the garden after cutting them down to just above the
> ground and hopefully they will grow next spring.  By far though, chili de
> arbols have grown the best under the fluorescent bulbs and have remained
> virtually pest free.

Mine have been producing as well, figured that was from being outside.  I figured
the old paintbrush routine to pollinate them.  No bugs yet!  And mine habs are in
the south side windows just like they were when they were outside.

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* hcbacon@connix.com      | http://www.connix.com/~hcbacon        *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *