Re: [CH] White Habaneros

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:52:18 RSA-2

> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:37:10 -0500 (EST)
> From: Brad Lewis <bal99@jane.penn.com>
> Subject: Re: [CH] White Habaneros

> I've grown a ivory colored pepper called Arrivivi Gusano.

I see that Cameron has already confirmed this a C. baccatum
from the variety name.

> It's a thin crinkly pepper with an over-powering hab flavor.

This should be a berry like flavour not hab like at all.

> It's really a neat type. It starts getting fruit on it fairly
> early and ripens fairly early for a hab.

No need to be told ;-) C. baccatum flowers have spots on the
petals.  Just look at the flower.  This is a general tip for
those wanting to know what species of plant they have.  There is
not much point in describing the pod.  It may help a bit but the
flower is the route to identification so describe it in great
detail.

> And it's POTENT too. The plant is kind of compact, and the
> leaves are small, like some of the Thai peppers' leaves.
> Probably my favorite HOT pepper.

C. baccatums in general are not as hot as C. chinese but are
really nice peppers.  Probably the best of them all.

Hate mail from hab lovers > dev/nul

The season begins

Peter

Don't you just love seeing -------- Original message -------
and the complete message included.  Thanks guys I've read it
before as has everyone else so don't include it please.