Re: [CH] Swift Tiger sauce/Acid v. Sugar Effects/Casein Effects/Dr. Frankenfurter

jim wolfe (yoda@clark.net)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:33:09 -0500

Being lactose intolerant is not the same as being lactic acid
intolerant.
Lactose is not made in the human body in general, but lactic acid is
almost always being made and
then further degraded.  Ever run or exercise hard and long, and get that
burning sensation in
your muscles??  That is because lactic acid is being made ( anaerobic
respiration ) faster than
it being degraded.

There is almost no lactose in most yogurt. ( Buy it and let it set in
your fridge for a month
or on your counter for a day and the value will go to effectively Zero.
)  I am very lactose intolerant
but I can eat cheese, yogurt, and sourcream just fine.  Them little
bacteria convert all of
that nasty lactose to lactic acid, fortunately sour(acid), and bitter
(alkaloids) and hot are my favorite flavors.

--
Jim W		My opinions are just that; not my employer's or my wife's!
!! Do not assume that your freedoms are assured !! The truth is out