Re: [CH] Cilantro

J. B. Cattley (jbc@mpx.com.au)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:54:39 +1100

From: Doug Irvine <dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca>

>GADZOOKS!  First tofu, now cilantro....What is next that you hate with such
>passion?

Robert A. Heinlein. :-)

>And I am a little curious to know how you were able to taste the industrial
>grade disinfectant/deodorant that is used in garbage rooms???Did you hold
your
>nose when you tasted it?

Come on, you know the stuff... incredibly strong, cloying, but just
sickly-sweet enough to nicely complement the reek of decay it is trying to
mask...

omigod

Horrible thought -- maybe that stuff smells _nice_ to cilantro eaters!

>Hw about all the folk out there who REALLY love
>Dave's singed cat sauce?

Me included!

Seriously....cilantro is one of the GREAT herbs of
>this world, and has been used for centuries by the folk in Asia, as well as
>Mexico, possibly one of the reasons it is called chinese parsley, so I
think
>that the greater percentage of the world think that it tastes just great!
>Cheers, Doug in BC(and so do I)

Yeah, but there are those out there who are physically incapable of holding
that opinion. (now go on, have you ever seen a better line than that? I'm
going to try it on the gun thread on rasfw)

>J. B. Cattley wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, perception of the flavour of cilantro is genetically determined.
Like