Re: [CH] chile

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 20:05:50 -0800

Well, my friend, when one of our members, Cameron Begg, was in Chile several months ago, I recall
his post complaining that he could not find any chiles or even hot sauces in Chile, and it is my
understanding that with the exception of Mexico, where the use of the chile pepper is very
widespread, you will find not too many recipies, or ingredients using chilies. If you persevere, and
remain on this list, I am positive that you will find many, many recipes, sources of chiles, and
lots of ideas from the great people who inhabit this list. The chile-head list bears very little
resemblance to anything  directly from the country of Chile, which is more notable for its great
wines, than it is for its hot cuisine....stick around, we are a good group! cheers, Doug in BC, a
long way from Chile