Re: [CH] cilantro

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:14:56 -0800

Hi All: I have sort of the same method for keeping the cilantro fresher
longer, with a difference. As I have a daughter who once had a very successful
florist shop, she showed me a little method used by florists, to retain
freshness in flowers,or greenery.
Cut the stems under water,so that air does not clog up the cut end, and the
water  in which the plant is placed, has a chance to get into the capillary
system of the plant, which it does not have if cut in the air....this allows
me to keep cilantro for up to 10 days to two weeks, seeing as the growers
supply us with such large amounts of the plant, trying to recoup the losses of
unsold product. Cheers, Doug in BC