Re: [CH] Lurkers

TIMOTHY FORSTER (timothy.forster@virgin.net)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:06:58 +0000

Anton Lawrence wrote:

> Tried the sauce mentioned by Andy. A little hot (slight
> understatement.......). A couple of other guys in the office tried it, and
> they haven't been seen since.
>
> Thanks for the sauce Andy, I will try and return the favour sometime!
>
> How many other English Chile Heads are there? Isn't the availability of all
> things hot abysmal, outside of the major cities?
>
> Anton
>
> Andrew Healy wrote:
>
> > mail error 26/11/98 (Last Thursday)- sorry
> >

> > >Have been contacted by a lurker (AL) on this page and asked about The
> > >Original Jim Campbell's chile sauce.  Have forwarded a spare bottle of
> > >his infamous 'Backdraft' Red Savina sauce.  Expect a minor thermonuclear
> > >meltdown in East Grinstead, this weekend !!  JC may be either cited for
> > >services to the art of cookery or I may be on trial for spontaneous
> > >combustion of this guy's throat, on Monday !  It's the usual 'initiation
> > >of fire', so respected here.
> > >
> > >                               The Guildford (UK) poisoner
> > >
> > >                                               Andrew
> > >
> > >P.S.   Tried doing a Malay stir fry last night.  Good for a gentle
> > >warming feeling with added OOOMPH.

There are a few of us in the UK who like challenging our tastebuds with
the 'hot stuff'
I usually buy mail-order, Hot-Hedz are good in the UK.
Sainsbury's are becoming more innovative, they actually stock 'Daves
Insanity' at the moment.
I usually read the listings and drool at the choice of excellent
restaurants selling spicy food in the U.S. We need to do something
similar here in the UK - any suggestions?
The 'Backdraft' sauce sounds good - does anyone know of a supplier?

Tim