Re: [CH] Ordering pepper seeds

Valerie (seabreeze@concentric.net)
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:08:33 -0600

Hi Marguerite
I'd suggest trying to grow serrano peppers. They are a bit hotter than
Jalapenos, but nice flavor and are a good "all purpose" pepper. I use
them to substitute for jalapenos in lots of recipes. They were the next
step for me and from what I've heard, they also make a nice ornamental
plant. I didn't have good luck with them, but that's more the fault of
my 2 curious dogs than the plants themselves. I'm in Missouri too, moved
to St Louis area in mid-July and all my peppers (Jalapenos, Hungarian
Wax, and Habs/Red Savina did pretty well, considering that they were
small enough to fit under my car seat in mid-July and traveled 1200
miles
that way! The good news is, they are in pots and are still producing
flowers and fruit. Small, but still yummy! I'm glad to know of yet
another CH here in my new state. Maybe all us Missourians (sp) can
get a hotluck planned for this spring!!
See ya,
Valerie

--
Valerie / Breeze

ICQ# 3953329
http://www.Geocities.com/Yosemite/1495
"the future is no place to place your better days" djm