Re: [CH] Bread

twodnrth (twodnrth@gte.net)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:14:02 -0600

Here is what I got from Styx a good friend-----Ray
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                       Jim Campbell's SAVINA BREAD

Recipe By     : Jim Campbell
Categories    : Bread                            Chile

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1 1/2  cups          whole wheat flour
   1 1/2  cups          white flour
     1/2  cup           V8 or similar veggie juice
     1/2  cup           water
   1      tsp           salt
   1 1/2  tbls          evaporated dried milk
   1 1/2  tbls          brown sugar
   1      tbl           honey or sorgham
   1 1/2  tsp           fast rise auto bread yeast (2 tsp normal
                        yeast)
   2      tbls          butter
   2      ounces        ground dried Red Savina (tm) Habanero (or more/less)

(all wheat may be used, but not all white- the Savina (tm) seems to go good
with wheat breads while white has too little flavor for it IMHO) Heat liquid
ingredients to about 100 F.  Pour into cannister.  Put in dry ingredients,
yeast last.  Set machine to desired finish.  Done.
I'll leave it to individuals to try and figure out how to adapt this to
their own style of breadmaking.  Like I said, this is for one of those auto
bread machines simply becuase I don't know how to bake bread otherwise.  If
it ain't easy, I ain't got time to do it.  I'm sure there are lots of
different herb combinations that could be used as well.  Hope you all have
fun with this!
- -Jim Campbell Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.
------------------------------

From: Judy Howle
Subject:"The Bread"

You don't have to have a breadmaker.  A food processor works great.  Or, do
it the old-fashioned way and       knead it by hand!  If you have a food
processor just put all the dry ingred. in the proc. and do several pulses to
mix them.  Then mix the yeast with 1/4 c. water and let it stand for 5 min.
Put in the egg if called for, yeast, and shortening/oil/butter and any other
"wet" ingredients and pulse a few more times.  Then turn on processor and
pour the liquid (usually water) in from the top slowly until the dough forms
a ball and cleans the sides.  If you add too much water and it's sticky,
just add a Tbs. or two of flour and go again.  Do the reverse if not enough
water. Dough should be pliable and just slightly sticky but should not stick
to your fingers.  Shape dough into a ball and put dough into greased bowl
and let it rise until doubled in volume, covered with plastic wrap. Probably
at least 1 hr to 1-1/4 hrs.  Punch dough down and knead about 5 times and
then form into a loaf and put in bread pan sprayed with Pam.  Let rise
again, covered, until doubled, usu. about 45 min. on 2nd rising.  Bake at
350 about 30 min. or until it sounds hollow when tapped and is golden on
top.

These instructions are for regular bread.  Jim might have an opinion on
whether it would work with "the bread."

                 WISHING YOU HAPPY HOLIDAYS
                              STYX  >:o)